The Customer: NHS Tayside – Perth Royal Infirmary
The Challenge: The Steele Lecture Theatre is a multi-purpose hall with retractable tiered seating. The space is primarily used for lectures from internal NHS staff, external university lecturers and guest presenters. When the tiered seating is retracted, it can be used regularly for staff meetings and videoconferencing calls.
The space is heavily utilised; however, the audio-visual equipment was very dated and was deemed no longer fit for the purposes of a modern teaching environment.
Key drivers for the upgrade included enabling lectures to be delivered remotely, in line with the client’s hybrid working strategy, as well as providing a vastly improved in room audio-visual experience.
nuvideo adopted a multi-vendor approach when selecting the appropriate technology for the solution. Utilising best-in-class equipment from several key manufacturers as part of tried and tested design enabled us to meet the clients’ requirements.
Featuring 4K Videoconferencing capability for use with MS Teams and other cloud collaboration platforms, the lecture theatre is now equipped with selectable HD cameras for both presenter and audience, an impressive 100”, 4K LED display and vastly improved audio systems, ensuring that the solution meets the requirements of a modern teaching space.
A lectern mic, head-worn and handheld are all provided for sound reinforcement. A 100” large format display provides bright and sharp picture quality that can be clearly seen from the back of the room.
The Result: The Steele Lecture Theatre is now a fit for purpose teaching space, equipped with leading edge technology that enables high quality lectures to be delivered at the touch of a button.
The room now has the flexibility to be used as a multi-function space to support lectures, hybrid meetings and videoconferences.
Key components of the solution:
- Cisco’s industry leading Webex Room Kit Pro providing capability for standards-based videoconferencing calls
- AV system controls integrated into the Cisco Room kit touch panel, for a greatly improved and simplified user interface.
- 100” Sony 4K LED Display
- QSC Q-SYS Core Audio Processor & Amplifier, combined with QSC AcousticDesign Series surface mount loudspeakers to deliver crystal clear audio throughout the lecture theatre
- An Inogeni USB converter integrated with the Cisco Room kit, enabling the in-room PC to utilise PTZ cameras, room audio system and large display for MS Teams meetings.
- Lectern, handheld and head-worn microphones provide the flexibility for all types of meetings and lectures.